The Good Shepherd Centre & Daily Meals
The Good Shepherd Centre was established in 1961 as a men’s shelter. The Centre has since become a beacon of hope and a place of shelter, sustenance and spiritual healing for thousands of individuals. Services offered; emergency overnight accommodation for up to 54 clients including meals and laundry services, overflow spaces for up to 10 clients, case management and referrals to appropriate community resources.
Read this page to me
135 Mary Street
Emergency Shelter Open 24/7
Director: Michael Troskot
DAILY HOT MEAL: Packed meals are distributed at The Good Shepherd Centre, 135 Mary Street, Hamilton daily Monday – Friday from 3:30 pm – 4:45 pm and Saturday from 11:30 am – 12:30 pm
The Good Shepherd Centre was established in 1961 as a men’s shelter. The Centre is a beacon of hope and a place of shelter for thousands of individuals.
- Emergency overnight accommodation for up to 54 clients
- Meals and laundry services
- Overflow spaces for up to 10 men
- Case management and referrals to community resources
- A community hot meal program for anyone in need (Monday-Friday, from 3:30 pm-4:45 pm, Saturday lunch from 11:30 am-12:30 pm)
- A nurse practitioner is available Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:00 am-4:00 pm
- A Shelter Health Network doctor is available on Thursdays from 9:00 am- noon
- All services are accessible